Shuffle Joins Noovie.com, Noovie ARcade and
Designed as a web app at www.noovie.com/shuffle,
Shuffle is a whirlwind collection of card-based movie-trivia
mini-games where players must answer questions as quickly as possible to
earn points before time runs out. Questions will come fast and furious,
and players will be sorting, flinging, and swiping cards at a breakneck
pace to accumulate points and earn the best score. Movie fans can test
their Hollywood IQ anytime, anywhere, with a fun mix of challenging Shuffle
trivia games based on their favorite films. Shuffle will
officially launch on Avengers: Endgame opening weekend,
- Flicks– As new movie cards come up in the deck, quickly swipe the card left or right to answer a yes/no question.
- Star Chains – Find the connection between movies and actors to create a chain of correct answers. The longer the chain, the higher the points.
- Match Up – Correctly match 3 pairs of movie-related cards. The faster you are, the more sets you get to match and win.
- Timeline – Which came first? Decide if an event happened before or after another event, such as the year a movie was released or the plot sequence of a story.
- Bonus Round – Click on as many cards as you can that fit a given movie category before they disappear.
New games and new card decks featuring movie topics like supervillains, hitmen, movie music superstars, giant monsters, movie toys, and many more will be added to Shuffle on an ongoing basis to match the current film slate and keep Shuffle fresh and challenging for players. NCM will also be working closely with movie studios to create custom games and card decks that highlight specific new movie releases.
Movie fans can see how they rank against other Shuffle players, create
head-to-head challenges with friends and share their score on
“Movie trivia is one thing that our Noovie audiences told us they
crave the most, and Shuffle lets people not only play in the
theater while they’re waiting for the movie to start, but anytime,
anywhere they want to test their movie knowledge,” said National
CineMedia’s President and Interim CEO
Marks continued, “93% of the moviegoers we surveyed told us that they’d
love to play a movie trivia game, but only 18% had one that they
currently enjoyed playing on their phones. So, we designed Shuffle
to be addictively fun, convenient, and competitive – the more you play,
the more great movie content you get to unlock. I can’t wait to share it
with millions of movie fans across the country beginning on
Shuffle joins NCM’s growing suite of other Noovie digital
properties including Noovie.com,
the go-to digital destination for all things movies, including trailers,
showtimes, tickets, and more; Noovie ARcade, the big screen
interactive augmented reality (AR) game available free in the iTunes and
Berk Communications for NCM